Best Ardie A. Davis books
America's Best BBQ (revised edition)
Ardie A. Davis
Best price for this book: $ 6.99
Only Ardie A. Davis and Paul Kirk, the go-to sources on barbecue, can earn the trust and the recipes from the nation's barbecue legends, from Texas to Memphis, the Deep South, Kansas City, Oklahoma, and even a few joints outside of the traditional barbecue belt.
Tasty sides include tips, tricks, techniques, fun memorabilia, 365 full-color photos of the joints and their food, and firsthand recollections of tales from the pits culled from over a century of combined barbecue experience. There is even a section of barbecue basics for those who are just getting started.
With more than 100 recipes for mouthwatering starters (Fried Cheese Stick Grits, BBQ Egg Rolls), moist and flavorful meats, both classic and inventive side dishes (BBQ Cornbread, Grilled Potato Salad), a slew of sauces and rubs, and even some decadent desserts (Fried Pies, Root Beer Cake, Pig Candy), this book should come with its own wet-nap.
The Kansas City Barbeque Society Cookbook: 25th Anniversary Edition
Ardie A. Davis
Best price for this book: $ 6.9
To celebrate its 25th anniversary, the Kansas City Barbeque Society is proud to serve up The Kansas City Barbeque Society Cookbook, 25th Anniversary Edition by Ardie Davis, Paul Kirk, and Carolyn Wells.
Featuring more than 200 all-new, mouthwatering recipes (many from award-winning KCBS members and teams), this 25th anniversary edition also includes tips for competitive barbequing, juicy stories that shed light on life inside the barbeque society, and tons of beautiful full-color photographs.
The previous Kansas City Barbeque Society cookbook has gone through seven printings since it was originally self-published by the KCBS in 1996. This 25th anniversary edition is a must-have for the libraries of professional and amateur barbequers--as well as an appetizing read for people who may not tend to the grill but do love to eat 'que.
America's Best BBQ: 100 Recipes from America's Best Smokehouses, Pits, Shacks, Rib Joints, Roadhouses, and Restaurants
Ardie A. Davis
Best price for this book: $ 7.95
Only Ardie and Paul, the go-to sources on barbecue, can earn the trust--and the secret recipes--from some of the nation's barbecue legends.
Tasty sides include tips, tricks, techniques, fun memorabilia, full-color photos, and firsthand recollections of tales from the pits culled from over a century of combined barbecue experience.
With more than 100 recipes for mouthwatering starters, moist and flavorful meats, classic side dishes, sauces and rubs, and decadent desserts, this book should come with its own wet-nap.
* Whether it's spicy or sweet, Texas or Memphis, this is the best collection of American barbecue recipes.
* Ardie's BBQ alter ego, Remus Powers, PhB, has earned profiles in many barbecue books, tons of magazines, and more than a few national newspapers. He's graced the Food Network and PBS, appearing in various documentaries on 'cue and great American cuisine.
* Paul has appeared on The Today Show, Discovery Channel, CBS This Morning, Talk Soup, and Anthony Bourdain's A Cook's Tour: In Search of the Perfect Meal. He was also featured in AARP's Modern Maturity Magazine, Saveur, and The Calgary Herald, and he has written articles for Food and Wine, Fine Cooking, and Chili Pepper magazine.
America's Best Ribs
Ardie A. Davis
Best price for this book: $ 6.49
Hot on the heels of the best seller America's Best BBQ comes America's Best Ribs, by legendary barbecue champion Chef Paul Kirk and the ambassador of barbecue, Ardie A. Davis, a/k/a Remus Powers, PhB.
There are a lot of barbecue books on the market, but surprisingly few on ribs, even though they're a core part of the championship circuit and one of America's most beloved foods. In addition to 100 mouthwatering recipes for rock-your-world ribs and delicious sides and desserts to complement them, this more-than-a-cookbook also includes tips for competitive barbecuing, juicy stories and lore from backyards and competitions, and tons of full-color photographs that showcase America's barbecue scene at its best.
Now everyone can make championship-caliber ribs at home--whether pork, beef, lamb, or even buffalo. This ultimate guide not only includes basics for beginners, but also features tips for building your own award-winning rubs, sauces, marinades, and brines. It's a must-have for the libraries of professional and amateur barbecuers--as well as an appetizing armchair read for people who may not tend to the pit but do love to eat 'cue.
Barbecue Lover's Kansas City Style: Restaurants, Markets, Recipes & Traditions
Ardie A. Davis
Best price for this book: $ 12.96
A Dulcimer Builder's Do-It-Yourself Guidebook for the Hobbyist Woodworker
Best price for this book: $ 25
How does $29.95 sound versus $900.00 or $1,500.00? If cost is a consideration and you enjoy a good project, this book is for you! Full of photographs, illustrations, patterns, clear instructions and helpful advice, this book guides you step-by-step through the crafting of a professional model 15/14 hammered dulcimer with a floating soundboard. Randy "Ardie" Davis takes you through the secrets of building a hammered dulcimer that will look beautiful and sound even better. Materials, tools, suppliers, resources - all are covered in this thorough and easy-to-follow book.
Over 185 pages of clear, proven instructions, incorporating Ardie's unique "Maker's Notes," "Maker's Hints," and "Maker's Cautions" that provide the reader with Ardie's years of woodworking experience. Ardie covers all of the tools used to make the dulcimer, and points out which are "nice to have" and which are essential. He provides a brief description of why and how each tool is used.
Ardie's illustrations are comprehensive and easy to understand. He leaves nothing to chance or guesswork when it comes to explaining each step. From cutting the first board to stringing and tuning - he covers it all!
An essential part of building a hammered dulcimer is the use of accurate patterns. Included in the book are pre-printed patterns for Pin Blocks, Treble Bridge, Bass Bridge, the Side Bridges, and a beautiful design for the sound hole. Simply tear them out, cut and tape together, and go to work!
How This Book Is Different
* Other books exist on the craft of making Hammered Dulcimers, but they either give the subject short shrift, or are too complicated for non-engineers. Here are some good reasons to buy this book!
* In addition to his woodworking skills, Ardie has a Masters degree in English. This book is well-written and easy to understand. The text is clear and concise.
* The drawings and illustrations are designed for the amateur woodworker, not for engineers. They are helpful and easy to follow.
* The plan for this dulcimer is complete but not overly complicated. Ardie breaks the plan down into manageable tasks.
* The book is up-to-date with the latest information on hammered dulcimer suppliers, resources and publishers - including Web sites, emails, and other contact information.
* The book contains a complete list of tools used to build the dulcimer - with explanations of how and why they are used - and helpful descriptions of all materials required.
* This book is available in a special CD-ROM version that has 'QuickLink' hyperlinks to quickly take you to all Chapters and Headings, and to 50+ Dulcimer Resource and Supplier Web sites and Emails on the World Wide Web. All pages can be printed as needed for use in your shop!
* All registered book owners will receive access to a special Web page containing on-line resources and suppliers, helpful information, additions, corrections, FAQs, photographs and more!
* A special Foreword by master builder and performer, Mr. Dana Hamilton!
America's Best BBQ - Homestyle: What the Champions Cook in Their Own Backyards
Ardie A. Davis
Best price for this book: $ 1.99
Take your backyard cookouts to a whole new level.
It began with one simple question: What do championship barbecuers love to cook for themselves, when there are no rules but the simple laws of physics and basic chemistry?Â With more than thirty years of barbecue contest experience apiece, Ardie A. Davis, professional barbecue judge and barbecue historian extraordinaire, and KC Baron of Barbeque Paul Kirk, with a slew of awards under his beltâ€”including seven world championshipsâ€”were just the guys to ask it.
Americaâ€™s Best BBQâ€”Homestyle collects the best backyard cookout recipes from people who have gone pro. Some of the recipes are former competition winners that have earned a constant place at the family table. Others are foods that teams like to make (and share) while they tend their fires on contest day. A few are old family recipes passed down for generations. And some are even the result of ingenious experiments in the kitchen and at the grill. Most are easy. All are sure to win the hearts of friends and neighbors at your next family cookout.
Also included are tips and advice on everything from meal prep to gadgets, some basics to get you started, a few tall tales from the pits, and tons of photos of the dishes and the pitmasters who make them. So pull up a lawn chair, grab a plate, and get ready to sample some out-of-this-world outdoor cooking.
The Great BBQ Sauce Book: A Guide With Recipes
Best price for this book: $ 17.76
25 Essentials: Techniques for Grilling
Best price for this book: $ 5