Best Andy Rathbone books
Windows 10 For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
Best price for this book: $ 15.21
Windows 10 For Dummies is the all-time bestselling computer how-to book—and it's been fully updated for the enhancements coming with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update! Free of confusing jargon and packed with lots of helpful step-by-step explanations, it quickly gets you started with exploring the Start menu, storing files on the Cloud, creating desktop shortcuts, connecting to a printer, using Windows social apps, organizing digital photos, interpreting error messages, and so much more.
Windows 10 keeps your PC or tablet running, organizes your files, and provides a platform to run your important applications. In short, it's the brain and heart of your computer. The simple steps and friendly advice inside help you manage files and applications, connect to the Internet, customize your Windows experience, and make repairs when things go haywire.
- Fast answers to Windows 10 questions
- Steps for customizing your Windows 10 PC
- Tips for solving common Windows problems
- Covers using Windows 10 on a tablet
If you're new to Windows or upgrading to its new operating system, grab this book to get to know Windows 10 a little better.
Windows 98 For Dummies
Best price for this book: $ 1.95
This easy-to-understand guide is for those who are yearning to
- Conquer Windows 98 basics
- Personalize your PC
- Send and receive e-mail
- Get more out of the Web
- Have fun with audio and video
- Deal with common problems and aggravations
Something in Windows 98 will eventually leave you scratching your head. No other program brings so many buttons, bars, and babble to the screen. When something in Windows 98 has you stumped, use this book as a reference. You won't find any fancy computer jargon in these pages. Instead, you'll find subjects like these, discussed in plain old English:
- Preparing your computer to run Windows 98
- Finding the file you saved yesterday
- Moving those little windows around on the screen with the mouse
- Running your favorite old programs under Windows 98
- Performing chores in Windows 98 that you used to do in older versions of Windows
- Figuring out which of the many Windows versions you're using
There's nothing to memorize and nothing to learn. Just turn to the right page, read the brief explanation, and get back to work. Unlike other books, this one enables you to bypass any technical hoopla and still get your work done.
Windows 7 For Dummies
Best price for this book: $ 5.61
Whether you're new to computers or just eager to start using the newest version of Windows, Windows For Dummies, Enhanced Edition answers all your questions about the changes and new tools in Windows 7, enhanced with detailed video tutorials. Windows expert Andy Rathbone walks you step by step through the most common Windows 7 tasks, including managing files, applications, media, and Internet access. You’ll learn how to navigate the interface, customize the desktop, and work with the file system. You’ll then go deeper into the system, discovering new features and improvements, and finding tips and techniques for getting the most out of Windows 7.
- Covers basic management of applications, files, and data; creating and printing documents; setting up an Internet connection and e-mail account; and online security
- Includes specially produced videos explaining features and illustrating techniques in greater depth
- Explores using Windows to edit and manage audio, video, and photo files, and how to create CDs, DVDs, and playlists with Media Center
- Helps you tweak and customize Windows 7 to operate your way and set up user accounts, build a home network, and maintain your PC
- Provides troubleshooting advice, helps you find missing files and use the Help system, and explains common error messages
Surface For Dummies
Best price for this book: $ 0
Clear the surface and make way for the new tablet from Microsoft!
As Microsoft's first foray into the tablet market, the Surface is packed with all the features you're looking for to stay entertained and get things done wherever you go. Written by bestselling veteran author Andy Rathbone, this full-color, easy-to-understand book is packed with information on how to use the new interface, figure out the operating system, navigate the new app environment, and take full advantage of this exciting new tablet device.
- Explains how Windows 8 Pro and Windows RT differ, and helps you decide which Surface model best meets your needs
- Walks you through using both the hardware and software, such as the touch cover/type cover, Windows RT and Windows 8 Pro operating system, and the version of Office Home & Student 2013 that's bundled with the Surface RT
- Explains how to make Surface work with other devices
- Details how Office applications work on Surface
- Shares tips on how to handle common challenges with tablet devices as well as suggestions for getting a better performance from yours
Surface For Dummies does more than just scratch the surface – it serves as a guide to navigating and enhancing your entire Surface experience!
Windows 8 For Dummies
Best price for this book: $ 3
Microsoft Windows is the operating system that runs nearly 90 percent of the world's computers. Windows 8 will offer new interface updates, cloud-based services, and much more. This update of Andy Rathbone's bestselling Windows guide covers all the basics, plus the enhancements unique to Windows 8. Whether you're meeting Windows for the first time or upgrading from an earlier version, this book shows you how to navigate the interface, work with files, browse the Internet, set up e-mail, manage media, and more.
- Combined editions of this book, all by Microsoft MVP Andy Rathbone, have sold more than 15 million copies worldwide, making Windows For Dummies the #1 bestselling technology book of all time
- Covers all the basics of using Windows 8--core desktop components, managing files and folders, saving files, using Windows search, printing, and working in the cloud
- Shows how to get online, set up and use e-mail, use the latest version of Internet Explorer, set up security and virus protection, add music to the media player, organize photos, and edit media
- Includes coverage on using Windows 8's new start screen on both a desktop computer and a touchscreen device
Windows 8 For Dummies has what all Windows newbies need to know as well as complete coverage of the new version's bells and whistles.
Surface For Dummies
Best price for this book: $ 13.46
Microsoft's Surface tablet has the features and personality you're looking for, with a robust environment for business computing that doesn't skimp on fun. Surface for Dummies, 2nd Edition explains how Windows 8.1 Pro and Windows RT differ, and helps you decide which Surface model is best for you. Step by step, this book walks you through both the hardware and software features of the Surface, including the touch cover and type cover, Windows RT and Windows 8.1 Pro operating systems, and the coveted Office Home & Student 2013 software suite that's bundled with the Surface. Written by bestselling author Andy Rathbone, this easy-to-access book is filled with information on how to use the tablet, figure out the operating system, navigate the app environment, and take advantage of your exciting new Surface.
The book is your personal guide to one the fastest, sleekest, and most powerful tablets on the market. Surface is designed to be thin, light, and with hours of battery life so you can power through your day with ease. With this handy reference, you'll be able to make quick work of your to-do list and have fun all at the same time!
- Create: release your inner artist with Fresh Paint, a touch-based art app
- Share: Multiple accounts offer privacy and security so you can share your Surface, but not your stuff
- Enjoy: Snap apps side by side to multi-task on the vivid HD screen
- Discover: New apps in the Windows Store so you can work efficiently and get more done
With Surface For Dummies, 2nd Edition you can navigate and enhance your entire Surface experience!
Windows 8.1 For Dummies
Best price for this book: $ 2.5
The bestselling book on Windows, now updated for the new 8.1 features
Microsoft has fine-tuned Windows 8 with some important new features, and veteran author Andy Rathbone explains every one in this all-new edition of a long-time bestseller. Whether you're using Windows for the first time, upgrading from an older version, or just moving from Windows 8 to 8.1, here's what you need to know. Learn about the dual interfaces, the new Start button, how to customize the interface and boot operations, and how to work with programs and files, use the web and social media, manage music and photos, and much more. You'll even find troubleshooting tips!
- This edition covers the upgrades in Windows 8.1, including the dual interfaces, basic mechanics, file storage, and how to get the free upgrade to Windows 8.1
- Shows how to manipulate app tiles, give Windows the look you choose, set up boot-to-desktop capabilities, connect to a network, and create user accounts
- Covers working with programs, apps, and files; using the Internet and social media; new apps and capabilities for working with onboard and online media; and how to move files to a new PC
- Written by Andy Rathbone, author of every edition of the bestselling Windows For Dummies
Windows 8.1 For Dummies is exactly what you need to get going and be productive with the newest Windows update.
Windows 10 para dummies (Spanish Edition)
Best price for this book: $ 13.56
-Navegar por Windows con un mouse en una pantalla táctil
-Encontrar archivos perdidos y apps desaparecidas
-Añadir direcciones de e-mail y cuentas sociales para acceso rápido
-Crear cuentas para la familia o usuarios invitados
Libro que explica cómo funciona el sistema Windows.
Windows 10 & Office 365 For Dummies, Book + Video Bundle (For Dummies (Computer/tech))
Best price for this book: $ 20.38
The combination of Windows 10 and Office 365 is powering more computers in the workplace and home offices than ever before. This combination of Windows 10 For Dummies, 2nd Edition and Office 365 For Dummies, 2nd Edition helps you spend less time figuring out how to use your computing tools and more time getting things done. This package also offers access to online training designed to guide you through the most common operations of the two tools.
* Explore the Windows 10 Start menu
* Decipher your desktop
* Get Windows troubleshooting help
* Save time with Windows apps
* Connect to Office 365
* Save files to the cloud
* Work with Office from anywhere
* Access three hours of online training
Windows 7 For Dummies, Book + DVD Bundle
Best price for this book: $ 8
This bundle includes the complete Windows 7 For Dummies book plus a DVD with two hours of video training. Featuring the expert advice you get in the book, the DVD shows you how to accomplish various Windows tasks and displays the screens you'll see as you proceed.
- A two-for-one value - the full-size Windows 7 For Dummies book plus two hours of video training on DVD
- Windows 7 has new features, an interface with more graphical elements, better interactivitiy with other devices, and faster speed
- Whether you're new to computers or just to Windows 7, this handy package provides a simple, easy-to-use guide plus video illustration to help you accomplish basic tasks in Windows
- Covers the things most books assume you already know, as well as how to work with files and programs, get things done online, and customize Windows 7
- Shows you how to use movie, music, and photo management features, how to upgrade your system, and how to fix common problems you'll encounter
- DVD shows you what you'll see on the screen as you master each step
This great book-and-DVD package will have you comfortably using Windows 7 faster than you can say 1-2-3!