Best Andy Rathbone books
Windows 10 For Dummies
Best price for this book: $ 14.35
Windows 10 For Dummies is the all-time bestselling computer how-to book—and it's been fully updated for the enhancements coming with the Windows 10 Anniversary Update! Free of confusing jargon and packed with lots of helpful step-by-step explanations, it quickly gets you started with exploring the Start menu, storing files on the Cloud, creating desktop shortcuts, connecting to a printer, using Windows social apps, organizing digital photos, interpreting error messages, and so much more.
Windows 10 keeps your PC or tablet running, organizes your files, and provides a platform to run your important applications. In short, it's the brain and heart of your computer. The simple steps and friendly advice inside help you manage files and applications, connect to the Internet, customize your Windows experience, and make repairs when things go haywire.
- Fast answers to Windows 10 questions
- Steps for customizing your Windows 10 PC
- Tips for solving common Windows problems
- Covers using Windows 10 on a tablet
If you're new to Windows or upgrading to its new operating system, grab this book to get to know Windows 10 a little better.
Windows 10 For Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech))
Best price for this book: $ 23.74
The #1 source for Windows 10 help
Millions of Windows users have turned to Windows For Dummies for quick, friendly, and easy-to-understand help with their computers. Windows 10 For Dummies, 3rd Edition continues this tradition as it helps you navigate the twists and turns of Windows. Start at the beginning to discover the basics of the Windows interface or flip to later chapters to help you work with Windows apps, connect to the Internet, or customize your privacy settings.
Updated to cover the latest changes to Windows 10, this revised edition is ideal for first-time Windows users who need a guide to their operating system as well as experienced users who need a road map to the latest features. Inside, the book quickly and easily shows you how to do everything from establishing a user account, to corralling your photos, to setting up a printer, to using Windows on a tablet—and everything in between.
- Manage the start-up menu and the Windows desktop
- Get to know the programs that come with Windows 10
- Discover troubleshooting tips and privacy tricks
- Be productive at home or in the office
If you use Windows 10, you’ll want to keep this updated edition of the trusty companion nearby as you make your way around the new OS.
Surface For Dummies
Best price for this book: $ 12.91
Microsoft's Surface tablet has the features and personality you're looking for, with a robust environment for business computing that doesn't skimp on fun. Surface for Dummies, 2nd Edition explains how Windows 8.1 Pro and Windows RT differ, and helps you decide which Surface model is best for you. Step by step, this book walks you through both the hardware and software features of the Surface, including the touch cover and type cover, Windows RT and Windows 8.1 Pro operating systems, and the coveted Office Home & Student 2013 software suite that's bundled with the Surface. Written by bestselling author Andy Rathbone, this easy-to-access book is filled with information on how to use the tablet, figure out the operating system, navigate the app environment, and take advantage of your exciting new Surface.
The book is your personal guide to one the fastest, sleekest, and most powerful tablets on the market. Surface is designed to be thin, light, and with hours of battery life so you can power through your day with ease. With this handy reference, you'll be able to make quick work of your to-do list and have fun all at the same time!
- Create: release your inner artist with Fresh Paint, a touch-based art app
- Share: Multiple accounts offer privacy and security so you can share your Surface, but not your stuff
- Enjoy: Snap apps side by side to multi-task on the vivid HD screen
- Discover: New apps in the Windows Store so you can work efficiently and get more done
With Surface For Dummies, 2nd Edition you can navigate and enhance your entire Surface experience!
Surface For Dummies
Best price for this book: $ 0
Clear the surface and make way for the new tablet from Microsoft!
As Microsoft's first foray into the tablet market, the Surface is packed with all the features you're looking for to stay entertained and get things done wherever you go. Written by bestselling veteran author Andy Rathbone, this full-color, easy-to-understand book is packed with information on how to use the new interface, figure out the operating system, navigate the new app environment, and take full advantage of this exciting new tablet device.
- Explains how Windows 8 Pro and Windows RT differ, and helps you decide which Surface model best meets your needs
- Walks you through using both the hardware and software, such as the touch cover/type cover, Windows RT and Windows 8 Pro operating system, and the version of Office Home & Student 2013 that's bundled with the Surface RT
- Explains how to make Surface work with other devices
- Details how Office applications work on Surface
- Shares tips on how to handle common challenges with tablet devices as well as suggestions for getting a better performance from yours
Surface For Dummies does more than just scratch the surface – it serves as a guide to navigating and enhancing your entire Surface experience!
Windows 7 For Dummies
Best price for this book: $ 8
Whether you're new to computers or just eager to start using the newest version of Windows, Windows For Dummies, Enhanced Edition answers all your questions about the changes and new tools in Windows 7, enhanced with detailed video tutorials. Windows expert Andy Rathbone walks you step by step through the most common Windows 7 tasks, including managing files, applications, media, and Internet access. You’ll learn how to navigate the interface, customize the desktop, and work with the file system. You’ll then go deeper into the system, discovering new features and improvements, and finding tips and techniques for getting the most out of Windows 7.
- Covers basic management of applications, files, and data; creating and printing documents; setting up an Internet connection and e-mail account; and online security
- Includes specially produced videos explaining features and illustrating techniques in greater depth
- Explores using Windows to edit and manage audio, video, and photo files, and how to create CDs, DVDs, and playlists with Media Center
- Helps you tweak and customize Windows 7 to operate your way and set up user accounts, build a home network, and maintain your PC
- Provides troubleshooting advice, helps you find missing files and use the Help system, and explains common error messages
Windows 8 For Dummies
Best price for this book: $ 3.32
Microsoft Windows is the operating system that runs nearly 90 percent of the world's computers. Windows 8 will offer new interface updates, cloud-based services, and much more. This update of Andy Rathbone's bestselling Windows guide covers all the basics, plus the enhancements unique to Windows 8. Whether you're meeting Windows for the first time or upgrading from an earlier version, this book shows you how to navigate the interface, work with files, browse the Internet, set up e-mail, manage media, and more.
- Combined editions of this book, all by Microsoft MVP Andy Rathbone, have sold more than 15 million copies worldwide, making Windows For Dummies the #1 bestselling technology book of all time
- Covers all the basics of using Windows 8--core desktop components, managing files and folders, saving files, using Windows search, printing, and working in the cloud
- Shows how to get online, set up and use e-mail, use the latest version of Internet Explorer, set up security and virus protection, add music to the media player, organize photos, and edit media
- Includes coverage on using Windows 8's new start screen on both a desktop computer and a touchscreen device
Windows 8 For Dummies has what all Windows newbies need to know as well as complete coverage of the new version's bells and whistles.
Windows 7 For Dummies, Book + DVD Bundle
Best price for this book: $ 6
This bundle includes the complete Windows 7 For Dummies book plus a DVD with two hours of video training. Featuring the expert advice you get in the book, the DVD shows you how to accomplish various Windows tasks and displays the screens you'll see as you proceed.
- A two-for-one value - the full-size Windows 7 For Dummies book plus two hours of video training on DVD
- Windows 7 has new features, an interface with more graphical elements, better interactivitiy with other devices, and faster speed
- Whether you're new to computers or just to Windows 7, this handy package provides a simple, easy-to-use guide plus video illustration to help you accomplish basic tasks in Windows
- Covers the things most books assume you already know, as well as how to work with files and programs, get things done online, and customize Windows 7
- Shows you how to use movie, music, and photo management features, how to upgrade your system, and how to fix common problems you'll encounter
- DVD shows you what you'll see on the screen as you master each step
This great book-and-DVD package will have you comfortably using Windows 7 faster than you can say 1-2-3!
Windows XP For Dummies
Best price for this book: $ 7.1
Author Andy Rathbone listened to what you wanted to know, and this edition is loaded with additional information about
- E-mail, faxing, and troubleshooting
- Maximizing security features
- Customizing and upgrading Windows XP
- Multimedia applications—CDs, digital music and photos, video, and more
- Answers to questions asked by thousands of Windows users
If you’re just getting started with Windows XP, you’ll find Windows XP For Dummies, 2nd Edition is a lot easier than trying to get the fourth-grader next door to explain it to you. (Andy Rathbone is a lot more patient.) There’s a whole section devoted to “Windows XP Stuff Everybody Thinks You Already Know,” so you can get the hang of the basics quickly and in the privacy of your own home. And if you’ve been around a couple of generations of Windows, you’ll be especially interested in how to squeeze maximum security from the beefed-up anti-spam and firewall features in Service Pack 2.
Windows XP For Dummies, 2nd Edition is sort of like a buffet—you can sample everything, or just stick with the stuff you know you like. You’ll find out how to
- Locate programs and files, organize your information, and fax, scan, or print documents
- Get online safely, send and receive e-mail, work with Internet Explorer’s security toolbar, and steer clear of pop-ups, viruses, and spam
- Make Windows XP work the way you want it to, share your computer while maintaining your privacy, set up a network, and perform routine maintenance
- Transfer and organize pictures from your digital camera, edit digital video, and create custom CDs of your favorite tunes
- Use Windows XP’s troubleshooting wizards and become your own computer doctor
With its task-oriented table of contents and tear-out cheat sheet, Windows XP For Dummies, 2nd Edition is easy to use. You can quickly find what you want to know, and you just may discover that this book is as important to your computer as the power cord.
Windows 8.1 For Dummies Book + DVD Bundle
Best price for this book: $ 5.25
A smart value — the complete book plus three hours of video training!
Windows 8.1 brings some welcome tweaks to the Windows operating system, including more ways to customize the interface and boot operations, a new start button that reveals apps, greater integration between the two interfaces, and app updates. This bargain bundle includes the complete Windows 8.1 For Dummies book plus a DVD that walks you visually through the most common Windows tasks. Whether you're just getting started with Windows or are upgrading to 8.1, you can learn everything you need to know, see how things are done, and start using Windows 8.1 with confidence.
- Includes the complete Windows 8.1 For Dummies plus three hours of video training on DVD
- Covers all the upgrades that make up Window 8.1, including new opportunities to customize the interface, the new start button, and greater integration between the two interface options
- Features complete information on using a Windows computer for those new to the system
- The DVD provides basic overviews and step-by-step instruction covering the essentials of Windows 8.1, such as getting started, using the start screen and the desktop, getting things done online, managing photos, playing music, customizing Windows, and much more
Windows 8.1 For Dummies Book + DVD Bundle is a value-priced crash course for anyone wanting to understand and use Windows 8.1.