Best Althea Press books
Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing
Best price for this book: $ 12.42
The healing properties of essential oils are virtually limitless. You can put them to work today without the hassle, expense, and frustration that come with consulting doctors and taking prescription medicines.
Essential Oils Natural Remedies offers essential oils practitioners of all levels a comprehensive home reference for a lifetime of health-related needs.
- Easy-to-navigate A-to-Z guide to remedies that heal or mitigate symptoms for a range of ailments, from acne to migraines to Parkinson's disease, and more
- Special features explain how to diffuse oils, make a compress, and offer healing massage
- Over 170 ailments covered and over 300 homemade remedies included
- Profiles of 75 essential oils to know and use, including info on medicinal uses, application methods, blending, and precautions
- Reviews the 10 most popular essential oils brands and their products
Essential Oils for Beginners: The Guide to Get Started with Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
Best price for this book: $ 8.27
"Essential Oils for Beginners is a comprehensive guide to harnessing the natural power of essential oils. If you're interested in getting started with essential oils and aromatherapy, this book is a great place to start!”—Sarah, Nature's Nurture
For centuries, essential oils have been known to possess natural healing powers—but even natural remedies can cause harm if not used correctly. Knowing how to use essential oils safely is a great way to naturally soothe your own body, mind, and home. The Essential Oils for Beginners guide teaches you how to expertly blend essential oils and create your own aromatherapy mixes to relieve stress, bolster energy, and more. Packed with recipes to combat everything from morning sickness to migraines, and explaining the benefits of each ingredient in nature’s apothecary, the Essential Oils for Beginners guide gives you everything you need to master these ancient cures.
Essential Oils for Beginners will teach you to use essential oils for any purpose, with:
- Over 85 Easy-to-Follow Recipes for curing ailments, enhancing beauty, and sprucing up the home
- 10 Helpful Tips for blending essential oils correctly and safely
- Collection How-To’s for buying the best essential oils, including how to stock your collection to gain the biggest benefits of using essential oils and aromatherapy
Recent scientific research shows that essential oils can help to prevent and heal disease, with the added bonus of being all natural and more affordable than modern medical treatments.
Thanks to the Essential Oils for Beginners guide, you’ll discover the essence of what it means to live a healthy and natural lifestyle.
Potty Training in 3 Days: The Step-by-Step Plan for a Clean Break from Dirty Diapers
Best price for this book: $ 8.13
“Of all the potty training books this is a must for every parent’s bookshelf. It reminds parents how rewarding potty training can be.”―Dr. Fredric Daum, Chief of Pediatric Gastroenterology at Winthrop University Hospital in Mineola, NY.
The ups and downs of potty training your little one can drive you crazy and make you feel clueless. No one knows this better than Brandi Brucks, former nanny turned potty training consultant and behavioral specialist, who shares her hard-earned wisdom in Potty Training in 3 Days for you to get the job done. Providing an intensive 3-day plan with clear step-by-step guides that cover everything you need to know and do, Potty Training in 3 Days is your key to ditching diapers without losing your marbles.
Success is as easy as 1,2,3 with Potty Training in 3 Days:
- A Concrete 3-Day Plan anticipating your every move before, during and after potty training
- Helpful Tips for keeping your cool, including encouraging quotes for both parents and kids
- Insightful Overview giving you a deeper understanding of what’s going on in your kid’s head and how to respond
“Brandi’s potty training system fit perfectly into our family’s regular routine. And best of all… it works! She left everyone feeling happy, and kept the underpants dry for good.”―Lily Tracy, mom and reader
Put your game face on, ditch your other potty training books and take the guesswork out of potty training your child with Potty Training in 3 Days.
Retrain Your Brain: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks: A Workbook for Managing Depression and Anxiety
Seth J. Gillihan PhD
Best price for this book: $ 11.19
Masterfully written with relatable examples, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks allows the reader to quickly connect and feel understood, and offers hope for those who are looking to regain control over their life. ―DR. ROBIN ZASIO, Psy. D., LCSW, director of The Anxiety Treatment Center of Sacramento, featured doctor on the A&E series Hoarders
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) has proven to be the tipping point through which many people are finally able to make significant changes and break free of anxiety and depression. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks is an interactive workbook that outlines a simple, practical plan that occurs over the course of 7 weeks, and offers real, tangible relief from anxiety and depression. This is a cumulative workbook―the work you do each week builds upon that of the last and, ultimately, creates a lasting CBT “tool kit” that will prepare you to handle future challenges as they come.
In his private practice, licensed psychologist Dr. Seth Gillihan specializes in the use of cognitive-behavioral treatment for anxiety and depression. He concentrates on the specific needs of each patient by using the evidence-based, solution-focused treatment principles of CBT―the fundamentals of which at the core of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks.
With Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks you will:
- Become familiar with the basic principles of CBT and understand how it works
- Define specific goals that you’ll work toward over the course of 7 weeks
- Learn fundamental CBT skills through guided writing exercises that apply to your current, real-life challenges
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks is the most comprehensive yet efficient workbook available for using CBT to address anxiety and depression.
Herbal Medicine Natural Remedies: 150 Herbal Remedies to Heal Common Ailments
Best price for this book: $ 7.55
Everyday ailments. Herbal remedies. Your complete resource to start feeling better, naturally.
When a headache, cough, or other common ailment hits, many people turn to over-the-counter medications for relief. But for those who prefer to use herbal medicine, it can be difficult and overwhelming to find an authoritative resource that’s also easy to understand.
Join natural health author Anne Kennedy as she guides you on a journey towards discovering the right herbal medicine practice for you. Here in her fourth book, the author of The Portable Essential Oils, Essential Oils Natural Remedies, and Essential Oils for Beginners, has created an accessible, all-in-one collection of herbal medicine therapies to use in the comfort of your own home.
Herbal Medicine Natural Remedies offers the most effective natural remedies that can be used to treat common ailments, without the risk of unpleasant or potentially harmful side effects that pharmaceuticals can cause. Inside these pages you’ll find:
- 150 HERBAL MEDICINE RECIPES to soothe and heal everyday illnesses and injuries naturally
- 50 OF THE MOST COMMONLY USED HERBS profiled and explained
- EXPERT HERBAL MEDICINE ADVICE on necessary ingredients and tools to set you up for success
With simple organization and clear, concise instruction, Herbal Medicine Natural Remedies has you covered no matter what ails you, such as: Allergies, Bee sting, Bronchitis, Canker sore, Chapped lips, Constipation, Dandruff, Diaper rash, Eczema, Fever, Hair loss, Headache, Indigestion, Menopause, Mental Wellness, Poison ivy, Psoriasis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Sore throat, Tendinitis, Weight loss, and more
The 10-Step Depression Relief Workbook: A Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Approach
Simon Rego PsyD
Best price for this book: $ 10.5
Defeat depression in 10-steps with CBT-focused exercises from the Depression Relief Workbook.
CBT therapy is an effective, evidence-based method to take control of your depression. In the Depression Relief Workbook, Dr. Simon Rego, a professor and expert in CBT therapy with over 20 years of experience treating depression, teams up with mental health advocate and CEO of Stigma Fighters, Sarah Fader, to break CBT therapy down into an easy-to-follow personalized program to help you heal from depression. Offering guidance and support, the Depression Relief Workbook gives you a practical and straightforward 10-step strategy to fight depression and keep it from coming back.
Inside the Depression Relief Workbook you’ll find:
- A Personal Plan providing guidance and relief for anyone suffering from mild to moderate depression, for use on their own, or in tandem with a larger therapy program
- A 10-Step Strategy to Get Better applying the most effective tools of CBT therapy to understand, identify, and break negative thought patterns
- Life Changing Exercises helping you define, combat, and overcome depression through activities, worksheets, questionnaires, and opportunities for reflection
“In The 10-Step Depression Relief Workbook, Dr. Rego and Ms. Fader have taken the best of what decades of research on clinical treatment of depression has to offer and developed an accessible self-help program that will be useful not only to individuals experiencing depression, but also by practitioners looking for a helpful clinical supplement for their clients.”―Christopher R. Martell, Ph.D., Co-Author of Overcoming Depression One Step at a Time
Parenting ADHD Now!: Easy Intervention Strategies to Empower Kids with ADHD
Best price for this book: $ 4.26
―Mark Bertin, M.D., author of Mindful Parenting for ADHD
Parents: This book is for you.
Most of us need help to overcome the challenges of parenting a child with ADHD. Watching your bright, vibrant child struggle with ADHD can make you feel helpless, especially when you don't have the tools to help them succeed. There is a great deal of help available for children with ADHD, but there simply aren't enough resources for parents of ADHD children―and you need support just as much as your child.
The National Institute of Mental Health recognizes that frustration, blame, and anger are common in families with ADHD children. Children with ADHD need guidance and understanding from parents to reach their full potential. Yet it can feel impossible to manage the challenges you experience as a parent in order to be the support your child needs.
Diane Dempster and Elaine Taylor-Klaus are ADHD coaches, educators, and the cofounders of ImpactADHD.com, an online resource for parents of complex kids. They started off just like you, feeling frustrated and lost about how to help their ADHD children―and how to take care of themselves as well. Since that time, they have become national leaders in the world of ADHD, representatives of the voice of parents, and the go-to experts for parenting children with ADHD. They have successfully armed thousands of parents with the tools they need to help themselves and their children with ADHD.
In Parenting ADHD Now! Diane and Elaine combine their practical know-how and professional expertise to offer immediate, actionable strategies you can use to guide and support your ADHD child compassionately and effectively.
The material presented in this book is grounded in three main concepts:
- Apply the Coach-Approach to Parenting - This unique method gives you permission to pay attention to yourself, build up your own confidence and self-esteem, and apply these tools when working with your child with ADHD.
- Use Real, Practical Strategies - Learn to effectively navigate the complex terrain of ADHD, confidently minimize ADHD-related stress in your family, and foster your child's independence.
- Focus on the Parent - This is not about "fixing" your ADHD child. This is about shifting your focus inward and empowering yourself so that you can empower your child as they navigate life with ADHD.
Essential Oils of the Bible: Connecting God's Word to Natural Healing
Best price for this book: $ 10.05
It can be difficult to find the time and means by which we can reinforce our values and practice the principles of our faith. One way of connecting to our spiritual selves or a higher power is through an essential oils practice, by making their soothing and sanctifying properties a part of daily routine.
In Biblical times, essential oils were used for everything from holy ceremonies to everyday needs. Today, we can harness the all-natural power of essential oils to calm, purify, and heal our bodies and homes. Essential Oils of the Bible is written at the intersection of science and spirituality, allowing the benefits of both to infuse your spiritual essential oils practice.
In Essential Oils of the Bible, you will find:
- Profiles of 30 essential oils of the Bible, each beautifully illustrated and featuring a verse in which it’s mentioned
- Oil profiles that specify medicinal properties and uses, precautions, and complementary or substitute oils
- 75 common needs for essential oils―from flu and muscle pain to kitchen care―and 150 simple remedies and recipes
- A handy list of oils in Scripture, noting book, chapter, and verse for each
As practical as it is informative, Essential Oils of the Bible will shed new light on the essential oils that God manifested for natural health and wellness.
Practical Herbal Medicine Handbook: Your Quick Reference Guide to Healing Herbs & Remedies
Best price for this book: $ 10.7
- Treat common ailments such as headaches, bruises, and leg cramps with more than 100 everyday herbal remedies
- Learn step-by-step techniques for buying, making, and growing herbal medicine
- Discover the 44 most common and effective healing herbs with the A-Z apothecary
- Reduce stress, soothe insomnia, and enhance your memory naturally with herbal remedies for your mental health and well-being
#Staymarried: A Couples Devotional: 30-Minute Weekly Devotions to Grow In Faith And Joy from I Do to Ever After
Best price for this book: $ 8.57
“#staymarried: A Couple’s Devotional is filled with practical advice on what it takes to create a marriage that beats the odds. Every chapter of this couple’s devotional is a powerful reminder of how small changes in awareness and actions can be the tipping point in any relationship.”
―Dave Nelson, Lead Pastor, Great Lakes Church, Kenosha, WI
Strong marriages don’t just happen. They require commitment, time, and faith―which can often be difficult to achieve amid the hustle and bustle of our daily lives. But this kind of dedication is essential, not just to getting married, but to staying married.
After five years of marriage, Michelle Peterson discovered that many of the couples she knew were separating or getting divorced, and found herself asking a question that would become the foundation of her life’s work: What does it take to stay married? From this question Michelle developed the popular blog and podcast, #staymarried, which has helped hundreds of thousands of couples improve their marriages.
#staymarried: A Couple’s Devotional combines everything Michelle has learned in one welcoming and applicable couple’s devotional. In #staymarried: A Couple’s Devotional, scripture-based devotions help you and your spouse work together to strengthen your relationship―to each other and God.
In this couple’s devotional, you’ll find:
- Devotions that require only 30 minutes per week and address everything from finances and arguments to trust and intimacy.
- Wisdom from the Bible incorporated with up-to-date research from research-based sources such as The Gottman Institute.
- Inclusive, open-minded guidance that applies to a diverse range of couples.
With #staymarried: A Couple’s Devotional, you and your spouse will learn to connect meaningfully and communicate honestly while renewing your shared commitment to your marriage and faith.