Best Althea Press books
Essential Oils Natural Remedies: The Complete A-Z Reference of Essential Oils for Health and Healing
Best price for this book: $ 12
The healing properties of essential oils are virtually limitless. You can put them to work today without the hassle, expense, and frustration that come with consulting doctors and taking prescription medicines.
Essential Oils Natural Remedies offers essential oils practitioners of all levels a comprehensive home reference for a lifetime of health-related needs.
- Easy-to-navigate A-to-Z guide to remedies that heal or mitigate symptoms for a range of ailments, from acne to migraines to Parkinson's disease, and more
- Special features explain how to diffuse oils, make a compress, and offer healing massage
- Over 170 ailments covered and over 300 homemade remedies included
- Profiles of 75 essential oils to know and use, including info on medicinal uses, application methods, blending, and precautions
- Reviews the 10 most popular essential oils brands and their products
Essential Oils for Beginners: The Guide to Get Started with Essential Oils and Aromatherapy
Best price for this book: $ 7.5
"Essential Oils for Beginners is a comprehensive guide to harnessing the natural power of essential oils. If you're interested in getting started with essential oils and aromatherapy, this book is a great place to start!”—Sarah, Nature's Nurture
For centuries, essential oils have been known to possess natural healing powers—but even natural remedies can cause harm if not used correctly. Knowing how to use essential oils safely is a great way to naturally soothe your own body, mind, and home. The Essential Oils for Beginners guide teaches you how to expertly blend essential oils and create your own aromatherapy mixes to relieve stress, bolster energy, and more. Packed with recipes to combat everything from morning sickness to migraines, and explaining the benefits of each ingredient in nature’s apothecary, the Essential Oils for Beginners guide gives you everything you need to master these ancient cures.
Essential Oils for Beginners will teach you to use essential oils for any purpose, with:
- Over 85 Easy-to-Follow Recipes for curing ailments, enhancing beauty, and sprucing up the home
- 10 Helpful Tips for blending essential oils correctly and safely
- Collection How-To’s for buying the best essential oils, including how to stock your collection to gain the biggest benefits of using essential oils and aromatherapy
Recent scientific research shows that essential oils can help to prevent and heal disease, with the added bonus of being all natural and more affordable than modern medical treatments.
Thanks to the Essential Oils for Beginners guide, you’ll discover the essence of what it means to live a healthy and natural lifestyle.
Home Remedies RX: DIY Prescriptions When You Need Them Most
Best price for this book: $ 9.45
Health ailments and injuries are bound to interrupt your day-to-day life when you least expect it. Home Remedies Rx offers safe and effective treatments when you them most.
Whether you are battling insomnia, a headache, chapped lips, a bee sting, or acid reflux, Home Remedies Rx offers tried-and-true solutions to help alleviate everyday aches and pains, as well as tips for enhancing beauty and wellness. From the natural healing experts who brought you the New York Times bestseller Essential Oils for Beginners, Home Remedies Rx will help you treat today's ailments with time-tested wisdom.
Home Remedies Rx offers effective, natural remedies at your fingertips, with:
- An easy-to-navigate A-to-Z reference guide to natural home remedies
- Profiles of more than 60 healing foods, household products, and essential oils
- Effective home remedies to treat more than 100 common ailments and address your beauty and wellness needs
- DIY treatments for prenatal, infant, and child-age ailments
- Natural home remedies to help your pets stay healthy too
Crystals for Beginners: The Guide to Get Started with the Healing Power of Crystals
Best price for this book: $ 9.55
Learn the holistic way to heal with Crystals for Beginners
Balancing mind, body, and soul often feels impossible, but it doesn’t have to be a struggle. Holistic healing methods with crystals can help harness energies and establish a positive and healthy lifestyle. In Crystals for Beginners, intuitive energy healer and author Karen Frazier walks readers through the basics of how to become our best selves using crystals. In these pages, you’ll learn how to heal, find balance and everyday wellness with crystals. Crystals for Beginners is your go-to reference guide for healing your way to greater health and happiness.
Crystals for Beginners provides:
- Crystal Healing 101 covering everything from how to start your crystal collection to healing methods
- Crystal Profiles featuring in-depth information at how, where, and when to use 10 essential crystals and 40 others
- Crystal Remedies identifying the most effective crystals for a given issue and demonstrating the different ways to use them
Prescriptions for crystals include: Abuse, Addiction, Anger, Anxiety, Balance, Boundaries, Compassion, Courage, Decisiveness, Envy, Forgiveness, Gratitude, Grief, Happiness, Inner Peace, Love, Motivation, Negativity, Patience, Prosperity, Regret, Rejection, Self-Confidence, Stress, Trust.
Discover natural cures for everyday ailments with this crystal-clear beginner’s guide.
Crystals for Healing: The Complete Reference Guide With Over 200 Remedies for Mind, Heart & Soul
Best price for this book: $ 9.88
Ready to Create Positive Change in Your Life? Discover the Power of Crystals to Heal Mind, Body, and Spirit.
Whether you’re working through grief or holding onto grudges, seeking love or increasing gratitude, Crystals for Healing offers the basics for beginners to explore the deep connection between mind, body, and spirit.
Learn the fundamentals to clear emotional blockages, stimulate creativity, and elevate your mood through the vibrational power of healing crystals, with:
- Clear descriptions of crystals and their unique healing properties
- Over 200 remedies, plus profiles of 95 crystals covering colors, primary uses, corresponding chakra, and placement recommendations
- Daily meditations and mantras for a truly holistic approach
- Guidelines for creating grids to harness the positive power of crystals and healing stones
Discover a more fulfilling life through the power of crystal healing as explained by ordained metaphysical minister, intuitive energy healer, and Usui Reiki practitioner Karen Frazier.
Herbal Medicine Natural Remedies: 150 Herbal Remedies to Heal Common Ailments
Best price for this book: $ 10.58
Everyday ailments. Herbal remedies. Your complete resource to start feeling better, naturally.
When a headache, cough, or other common ailment hits, many people turn to over-the-counter medications for relief. But for those who prefer to use herbal medicine, it can be difficult and overwhelming to find an authoritative resource that’s also easy to understand.
Join natural health author Anne Kennedy as she guides you on a journey towards discovering the right herbal medicine practice for you. Here in her fourth book, the author of The Portable Essential Oils, Essential Oils Natural Remedies, and Essential Oils for Beginners, has created an accessible, all-in-one collection of herbal medicine therapies to use in the comfort of your own home.
Herbal Medicine Natural Remedies offers the most effective natural remedies that can be used to treat common ailments, without the risk of unpleasant or potentially harmful side effects that pharmaceuticals can cause. Inside these pages you’ll find:
- 150 HERBAL MEDICINE RECIPES to soothe and heal everyday illnesses and injuries naturally
- 50 OF THE MOST COMMONLY USED HERBS profiled and explained
- EXPERT HERBAL MEDICINE ADVICE on necessary ingredients and tools to set you up for success
With simple organization and clear, concise instruction, Herbal Medicine Natural Remedies has you covered no matter what ails you, such as: Allergies, Bee sting, Bronchitis, Canker sore, Chapped lips, Constipation, Dandruff, Diaper rash, Eczema, Fever, Hair loss, Headache, Indigestion, Menopause, Mental Wellness, Poison ivy, Psoriasis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Sore throat, Tendinitis, Weight loss, and more
Chakra Healing: A Beginner's Guide to Self-Healing Techniques that Balance the Chakras
Best price for this book: $ 10.33
Discover the ancient knowledge of chakra healing and restore balance to your mind, body, and spirit.
Within all living beings are powerful centers of energy called chakras. Each chakra holds the potential for immense healing and restoration. However, learning how to harness the chakra system’s amazing power can be challenging when so much of the information available is dense and academic or subjective and hard to trust.
In her successful New York practice, energy healer, acupuncturist, and Reiki master Margarita Alcantara addresses the most common ailments people experience today. She's successfully taught her clients a wide range of different healing techniques for removing energy blockages and balancing their chakras. Through practical instruction and compassionate guidance, Margarita shows each client how to find the self-healing chakra technique that resonates best for their own unique needs.
In Chakra Healing Margarita brings these powerful techniques for chakra healing to anyone who wants to better their emotional, physical, and spiritual health through:
- A THREE-PART CHAKRA HEALING APPROACH to identify your ailment, discover the affected chakra, and select from an array of effective chakra healing techniques
- A VARIETY OF THERAPEUTIC METHODS TO CHOOSE FROM including Meditations & Visualizations, Crystals, Essential Oils, Yoga, Food & Diet, Behavioral Changes, and more
- HELPFUL ILLUSTRATIONS AND PHOTOS of chakra locations, yoga poses, and crystals for easier than ever application of these self-healing techniques
The chakra techniques offered in Chakra Healing address a wide array of ailments and concerns, such as: Asthma and Allergies, Back Pain, Fatigue, Guilt, Anger, Digestive Issues, Neuropathy, Disconnection from Self and Others, Skin Issues, Headache, Loneliness, and more.
Practical Herbal Medicine Handbook: Your Quick Reference Guide to Healing Herbs & Remedies
Best price for this book: $ 9.83
- Treat common ailments such as headaches, bruises, and leg cramps with more than 100 everyday herbal remedies
- Learn step-by-step techniques for buying, making, and growing herbal medicine
- Discover the 44 most common and effective healing herbs with the A-Z apothecary
- Reduce stress, soothe insomnia, and enhance your memory naturally with herbal remedies for your mental health and well-being
The Natural Soap Making Book for Beginners: Do-It-Yourself Soaps Using All-Natural Herbs, Spices, and Essential Oils
Best price for this book: $ 10.61
"With gorgeous and inspiring photography, helpful charts, clear tutorials, and creative and enticing recipes, this book will inspire you to make your own high-quality, natural soaps!"―Marlene Adelmann, Herbal Academy
Making soap from scratch is a fun hobby and a great way to control the ingredients in the products you use, but it can be hard to know where to start. The Natural Soap Making Book for Beginners will show you how easy and simple it is to make your very own homemade soaps without artificial dyes and chemicals. Your senses will tingle as you master the art of cold-process soap making using fresh, floral, woody, and amber scents to create your own handcrafted soaps.
Get your hands wet with The Natural Soap Making Book for Beginners when you soak in:
- Over 55 diverse recipes to choose from such as castile soap, shampoo bars, shaving bars, anti-aging soaps, salt soaps, goat-milk soaps, and more.
- Step-by-step instructions, tips, and tricks for mastering cold-process soap making, decorating techniques, and scent pairing―designed specifically with beginners in mind.
- Natural ingredients that avoid harsh chemicals and artificial dyes, which can dry out and irritate your skin.
- Illustrated charts detailing how and when to use natural colorants, essential oils, and herbal infusions.
Join Kelly Cable, a longtime soap maker, herbalist, teacher, and creator of the popular blog Simple Life Mom, as she shares the simple tips and tricks of her craft in The Natural Soap Making Book for Beginners.
Retrain Your Brain: Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks: A Workbook for Managing Depression and Anxiety
Seth J. Gillihan PhD
Best price for this book: $ 9.28
Masterfully written with relatable examples, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks allows the reader to quickly connect and feel understood, and offers hope for those who are looking to regain control over their life. ―DR. ROBIN ZASIO, Psy. D., LCSW, director of The Anxiety Treatment Center of Sacramento, featured doctor on the A&E series Hoarders
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) has proven to be the tipping point through which many people are finally able to make significant changes and break free of anxiety and depression. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks is an interactive workbook that outlines a simple, practical plan that occurs over the course of 7 weeks, and offers real, tangible relief from anxiety and depression. This is a cumulative workbook―the work you do each week builds upon that of the last and, ultimately, creates a lasting CBT “tool kit” that will prepare you to handle future challenges as they come.
In his private practice, licensed psychologist Dr. Seth Gillihan specializes in the use of cognitive-behavioral treatment for anxiety and depression. He concentrates on the specific needs of each patient by using the evidence-based, solution-focused treatment principles of CBT―the fundamentals of which at the core of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks.
With Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks you will:
- Become familiar with the basic principles of CBT and understand how it works
- Define specific goals that you’ll work toward over the course of 7 weeks
- Learn fundamental CBT skills through guided writing exercises that apply to your current, real-life challenges
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy in 7 Weeks is the most comprehensive yet efficient workbook available for using CBT to address anxiety and depression.