Best Allan H. Ropper books
Adams and Victor's Principles of Neurology 10th Edition
Allan H. Ropper
Best price for this book: $ 91.86
The gold-standard text that has defined neurology – updated for today’s practice in full color
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
The definitive text on the full-spectrum of neurology for decades, Adams and Victor's provides the treatment and management strategies needed to confidently handle both common and rare neurologic conditions. Written in a clear, consistent tone, this classic resource will meet the needs of the seasoned professional or the aspiring clinician. Written from the perspective of the general neurologist, Adams and Victor's has been hailed as the most detailed, thorough, and authoritative text available on the subject.
Adams and Victor's Principles of Neurology, Tenth Edition describes the various categories of neurologic disease and the main diseases that constitute each. Each subject is introduced by a detailed discussion of the symptoms and signs of disordered nervous function, their anatomic and physiologic bases, and their clinical implications. Adams and Victor's Principles of Neurology is logically divided into six parts:
- The Clinical Method of Neurology
- Cardinal Manifestations of Neurologic Disease
- Growth and Development of the Nervous System in the Neurology of Aging
- Major Categories of Neurologic Disease
- Diseases of the Spinal Cord, Peripheral Nerve, and Muscle
- Psychiatric Disorders
The Tenth Edition is highlighted by the welcome addition of full-color photographs, expanded coverage of important subspecialties, and an increased number of tables and figures. Edition after edition, Adams and Victor's has stayed true to its original mission: to provide a well-written, readable text emphasizing a disciplined presentation of clinical data and lucid descriptions of underlying disease processes.
Reaching Down the Rabbit Hole: A Renowned Neurologist Explains the Mystery and Drama of Brain Disease
Dr. Allan H. Ropper
Best price for this book: $ 8.68
"Tell the doctor where it hurts." It sounds simple enough, unless the problem affects the very organ that produces awareness and generates speech. What is it like to try to heal the body when the mind is under attack? In this book, Dr. Allan Ropper and Brian Burrell take the reader behind the scenes at Harvard Medical School's neurology unit to show how a seasoned diagnostician faces down bizarre, life-altering afflictions. Like Alice in Wonderland, Dr. Ropper inhabits a world where absurdities abound:
• A figure skater whose body has become a ticking time-bomb
• A salesman who drives around and around a traffic rotary, unable to get off
• A college quarterback who can't stop calling the same play
• A child molester who, after falling on the ice, is left with a brain that is very much dead inside a body that is very much alive
• A mother of two young girls, diagnosed with ALS, who has to decide whether a life locked inside her own head is worth living
How does one begin to treat such cases, to counsel people whose lives may be changed forever? How does one train the next generation of clinicians to deal with the moral and medical aspects of brain disease? Dr. Ropper and his colleague answer these questions by taking the reader into a rarified world where lives and minds hang in the balance.
Adams and Victor's Principles of Neurology (8th Edition)
Allan H. Ropper
Best price for this book: $ 28.5
Samuels and Ropper's Neurological CPCs from the New England Journal of Medicine
Martin A. Samuels
Best price for this book: $ 39.95
In one concise volume, the authors present 18 cases, assembled chronologically, that encompass the wider variety of neurologic conditions encountered by every resident and practicing clinician. Each case concludes with a modern perspective to bring the classic case in to a modern setting. These cases exemplify the traditional method of neurologic diagnosis and are the perfect catalyst with which to stimulate discussions with students and residents as well as a supplement to standardized course material.
Adams & Victor's Manual of Neurology
Best price for this book: $ 40.99
Principles of Neurology, 7/e Companion Handbook- the at a glance summary of the clinical portions of its market-leading parent text... now in its new edition.
Key features include:
* Authoritative guidelines for diagnosis and treatment referenced to Adams & Victor’s Principles of Neurology, 7/e
* New tables, algorithms and charts make the book a quick reference for all neurologic clinicians
* The most current information in the rapidly changing area of neurology, such as stroke, Parkinson's and Alzheimer’s
Guillain- Barre Syndrome (Contemporary Neurology Series)
Allan H. Ropper
Best price for this book: $ 60
Principles of Neurology, 6th Edition: Companion Handbook
Raymond D. Adams
Best price for this book: $ 44.94