Best Al Kavadlo books
Get Strong, The Ultimate 16-Week Transformation Program For Gaining Muscle And Strength--Using The Power Of Progressive Calisthenics
Best price for this book: $ 29.95
Stretching Your Boundaries: Flexibility Training for Extreme Calisthenic Strength
Best price for this book: $ 29.95
Picture yourself with the elegant lines and eye-catching flexibility of a Himalayan Yogi. Watch yourselfmove with the fluidity and grace of a great dancer. Feel your strength as you power into and hold the most challenging of bodyweight exercise moves. See yourself ripple with the muscular, toned, symmetrical physique that signals the perfect marriage of form and function.
All of this could be yours-with the right mindset, the right knowledge, the right mentor and the right blueprint for success. Enter Al Kavadlo-and his hard-earned skills in the world of bodyweight exercise training. This is a man who walks the walk of his talk-and then some. A man who models the capabilities and qualities of a bodyweight master-while also being able to teach and inspire others in the most practical of manners.
In Stretching Your Boundaries, Al provides a blueprint that anyone can follow to achieve supreme physical elegance, mobility and strength-and to amp up their game in any aspect of physical performance. In Stretching Your Boundaries you will find the time-tested tools you need to continue cultivating yourself as a magnificent human artwork.
Fitting Al Kavadlo's message is the medium: the book has gorgeous design and stunning photography-that will inspire you for years to come.
"The ultimate bodyweight mobility manual is here! Stretching Your Boundaries belongs on the shelf of any serious athlete-it's bodyweight mobility dynamite!-"COACH" PAUL WADE, author of Convict Conditioning
Pushing the Limits! Total Body Strength with No Equipment
Best price for this book: $ 30.55
powerful, functionally forceful and brute-strong body?
A body that packs a punch. A body that commands
attention with its etched physique, coiled muscle and
proud confidence...A body that can PERFORM at
the highest levels of physical accomplishment...
Well, both Al Kavadlo-the author of Pushing the Limits!
-and his brother Danny, are supreme testaments to
the primal power of body culture done the old-school,
ancient way-bare-handed, with your body only. The
brothers Kavadlo walk the bodyweight talk-and then
some. The proof is evident on every page of
Pushing the Limits!
Your body is your temple. Protect and strengthen your
temple by modeling the methods of the exercise
masters. Al Kavadlo has modeled the masters and
has the "temple" to show for it. Follow Al's progressive
plan for primal body power within the pages of
Pushing the Limits!-follow in the footsteps of the
great bodyweight exercise masters-and you too can
build the explosive strength and possess the
magnificent physique you deserve.
"When people ask me about bodyweight strength training, I
point them to Al Kavadlo. Pushing the Limits! is a
must-have for bodyweight training enthusiasts or
anyone looking to build strength without lifting weights.
Al lays out dozens of effective exercises for
every fitness level,while making the journey fun and
encouraging."-MARK SISSON, author of
The Primal Blueprint
"This book is bodyweight strength training for the ultimate
purist!" -PAUL WADE, author of Convict Conditioning
Street Workout, A Worldwide Anthology of Urban Calisthenics. How to Sculpt a God-Like Physique Using Nothing But Your Environment
Best price for this book: $ 30.96
Raising the Bar The Definitive Guide to Pull-up Bar Calisthenics
Best price for this book: $ 29.95
In Raising the Bar Kavadlo breaks down every type of exercise you can do with a pull-up bar. From the basic two arm hang, to the mighty muscle-up, all the way to the elusive one arm pull-up, the "bar master" takes you step by expert step through everything you need to do to build the chiseled frame you've always wanted.
Whether you're a die-hard calisthenics enthusiast or just looking to get in the best shape of your life, Raising the Bar will meet all your expectations-and then some!
"Raising the Bar is very likely the most important book on strength and conditioning to be published in the last fifty years. If you only ever get your hands on one training manual in your life, make it this one. Buy it, read it, use it. This book has the power to transform you into the ultimate bar athlete." -Paul "Coach" Wade, author of Convict Conditioning "With Raising the Bar Al Kavadlo has put forth the perfect primal pull-up program. Al's progressions and demonstrations make even the most challenging exercises attainable. Anyone who is serious about pull-ups should read this book." -Mark Sisson, author of The Primal Blueprint
Raising the Bar: The Definitive Guide to Bar Calisthenics
Best price for this book: $ 0
Bigger Leaner Stronger: The Simple Science of Building the Ultimate Male Body
Best price for this book: $ 13.12
If you want to be muscular, lean, and strong as quickly as possible without steroids, good genetics, or wasting ridiculous amounts of time in the gym and money on supplements...then you want to read this book.
Here s the deal:
Getting into awesome shape isn t nearly as complicated as the fitness industry wants you to believe.
• You don t need to spend hundreds of dollars per month on the worthless supplements.
• You don t need to constantly change up your exercise routines to confuse your muscles.
• You don t need to toil away in the gym for a couple of hours per day, doing tons of sets, supersets, drop sets, giant sets, etc.
• You don t need to grind out hours and hours of boring cardio to shed ugly belly fat and get a shredded six-pack.
• You don t need to obsess over eating clean to get ripped, and you don t need to completely abstain from cheat foods while getting down to single-digit body fat percentages.
Those are just a few of the harmful lies and myths that keep guys from ever achieving the lean, muscular, strong, and healthy bodies they truly desire.
And in this book you re going to learn something most guys will never know...
The exact methods of diet and training that make putting on 10 to 15 pounds of quality lean mass a breeze...and it only takes a few months.
This book reveals things like...
• The 7 biggest muscle building myths and mistakes that keep guys small, weak, and frustrated.
• How to build muscle, lose fat, and get healthy eating foods you love and never feeling starved, deprived, or like you re on a diet.
• An all-in-one training system that delivers MAXIMUM results for your efforts, helping you build a big, full chest, a wide, tapered back, thick, powerful legs, and bulging arms...spending no more than 3 to 6 hours in the gym every week...doing workouts that energize you, not wipe you out.
• A no-BS guide to supplements that will save you hundreds if not THOUSANDS of dollars each year on products that are nothing more than bunk science and marketing hype.
• How to master the inner game of fitness and develop the self-discipline and willpower it takes to build the body of your dreams (and actually enjoy the process!).
• The 3 simple laws of muscle growth that, when applied, literally force your body to grow bigger and stronger.
• How to get shredded while still indulging in the cheat foods that you love every week like pasta, pizza, and ice cream.
• And a whole lot more!
Imagine...just 12 weeks from now...being constantly complimented on how you look and asked what the heck you re doing to make such startling gains...
Imagine enjoying the added benefits of high energy levels, no aches and pains, better spirits, and knowing that you re getting healthier every day...
The bottom line is you CAN achieve that Hollywood hunk body without having your life revolve around it.
SPECIAL BONUS FOR READERS!
With this book you ll also get a free 119-page bonus report where you ll not only find an entire year s worth of workouts for the program but also Mike s personal product and supplement recommendations and recipes from his bestselling cookbooks!
Scroll up, click the "Buy" button now, and begin your journey to a bigger, leaner, and stronger you!
Zen Mind, Strong Body: How to Cultivate Advanced Calisthenic Strength--Using the Power of "Beginner's Mind"
Best price for this book: $ 19.99
Overcoming Gravity: A Systematic Approach to Gymnastics and Bodyweight Strength (Second Edition)
Best price for this book: $ 44.3
Commonly referred to by readers as an "exercise Bible," Overcoming Gravity is a comprehensive guide that provides a gold mine of information for gymnastics and bodyweight strength training within its nearly 600 pages.
Steven Low takes the reader on a journey through logically constructing a strength-oriented bodyweight workout routine. With a highly systematic approach, he delves into the physiology behind strength training equips the reader to adequately prepare their body for the rigors of bodyweight training. This book covers much ground that other books do not, offering information health and injury management, factors that contribute to a successful routine, and actual program implementation. If you prefer your health and fitness books to include scientific data, comprehensive sample programming, and effective recommendations, Overcoming Gravity is the ideal choice for your library.
This Second Edition has been revised, expanded, and re-organized to read easier, provide more content, and offer easily accessible next-steps for beginner, intermediate, and advanced populations.
Notable improvements from the first edition include the following:
- Editing team to correct all previous editing errors.
- Increased clarity on scientific principles and routine construction.
- Updated scientific information to ensure the book aligns with current research.
- Extensive information on body part splits and population modifications, allowing one to construct a routine that fits their lifestyle and skill level.
- More in-depth explanation of each element of a routine.
- An entirely new chapter entitled Methods of Progression to ensure plateaus are never an issue.
- Expanded sample programming that includes common faults made at different skill levels.
- More real-life examples of how a routine may look.
- Addition of proper scapular positioning and technique for each exercise.
- Upgraded images that illustrate exercises from 2D to 3D.
- Modified charts with more accurate level placement and new leg exercise inclusions.
For additional book information for the Table of Contents, Introduction, Chapter 1, and Charts, see: http://stevenlow.org/book/
Note: This book does not contain primary gymnastics skill work like cartwheels, tumbling, swings, giants, etc.
v2.1 4/17/17: ~25 editing and illustration errors are fixed.
v2.2 5/2/17: Page 38 missing fixed. Page available: http://stevenlow.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/Page38.pdf
We're Working Out! A Zen Approach To Everyday Fitness
Best price for this book: $ 22.25
The first time I met Al he challenged me to a one-arm chin-up! His enthusiasm for fitness is infectious no matter if you are just dabbling in exercise for the first time or are an Ironman World Champion. -Karen Smyers, USA Triathlon Hall of Famer and Ironman World Champion.
Al's approach combines effective exercises with a motivating philosophy that helped me to pursue my fitness goals. Training with him reminded me how rewarding working out can be. -Emma Robinson, Two-time Olympic medalist in rowing.
Al's approach to fitness is a breath of fresh air and a voice of reason. This book is a necessary step in the documentation of physical culture. -Randy Humola, Personal training legend.
Al Kavadlo is one of New York City's most passionate and successful personal trainers. With clients ranging from everyday people to athletes, models and even an Olympic medalist, Al understands both the mind of the beginner and the drive of a champion. His colorful and unique perspective comes from his personal journey, which is shared in this book along with insights and anecdotes. A fixture in the ever-changing fitness scene, Al has inspired thousands to "believe and achieve," getting them to do things they once thought impossible. How does he do it? By telling the truth. Are you ready for it?