Best A. Zee books
Einstein Gravity in a Nutshell
Best price for this book: $ 63.17
This unique textbook provides an accessible introduction to Einstein's general theory of relativity, a subject of breathtaking beauty and supreme importance in physics. With his trademark blend of wit and incisiveness, A. Zee guides readers from the fundamentals of Newtonian mechanics to the most exciting frontiers of research today, including de Sitter and anti-de Sitter spacetimes, Kaluza-Klein theory, and brane worlds. Unlike other books on Einstein gravity, this book emphasizes the action principle and group theory as guides in constructing physical theories. Zee treats various topics in a spiral style that is easy on beginners, and includes anecdotes from the history of physics that will appeal to students and experts alike. He takes a friendly approach to the required mathematics, yet does not shy away from more advanced mathematical topics such as differential forms. The extensive discussion of black holes includes rotating and extremal black holes and Hawking radiation. The ideal textbook for undergraduate and graduate students, Einstein Gravity in a Nutshell also provides an essential resource for professional physicists and is accessible to anyone familiar with classical mechanics and electromagnetism. It features numerous exercises as well as detailed appendices covering a multitude of topics not readily found elsewhere.
- Provides an accessible introduction to Einstein's general theory of relativity
- Guides readers from Newtonian mechanics to the frontiers of modern research
- Emphasizes symmetry and the Einstein-Hilbert action
- Covers topics not found in standard textbooks on Einstein gravity
- Includes interesting historical asides
- Features numerous exercises and detailed appendices
- Ideal for students, physicists, and scientifically minded lay readers
- Solutions manual (available only to teachers)
Natural Disaster: I Cover Them. I am One.
Best price for this book: $ 16.45
Quantum Field Theory in a Nutshell, 2nd Edition (In a nutshell)
Best price for this book: $ 48.57
Since it was first published, Quantum Field Theory in a Nutshell has quickly established itself as the most accessible and comprehensive introduction to this profound and deeply fascinating area of theoretical physics. Now in this fully revised and expanded edition, A. Zee covers the latest advances while providing a solid conceptual foundation for students to build on, making this the most up-to-date and modern textbook on quantum field theory available.
This expanded edition features several additional chapters, as well as an entirely new section describing recent developments in quantum field theory such as gravitational waves, the helicity spinor formalism, on-shell gluon scattering, recursion relations for amplitudes with complex momenta, and the hidden connection between Yang-Mills theory and Einstein gravity. Zee also provides added exercises, explanations, and examples, as well as detailed appendices, solutions to selected exercises, and suggestions for further reading.
- The most accessible and comprehensive introductory textbook available
- Features a fully revised, updated, and expanded text
- Covers the latest exciting advances in the field
- Includes new exercises
- Offers a one-of-a-kind resource for students and researchers
Leading universities that have adopted this book include:
- Arizona State University
- Boston University
- Brandeis University
- Brown University
- California Institute of Technology
- Carnegie Mellon
- College of William & Mary
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Northwestern University
- Ohio State University
- Princeton University
- Purdue University - Main Campus
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Rutgers University - New Brunswick
- Stanford University
- University of California - Berkeley
- University of Central Florida
- University of Chicago
- University of Michigan
- University of Montreal
- University of Notre Dame
- Vanderbilt University
- Virginia Tech University
Group Theory in a Nutshell for Physicists
Best price for this book: $ 69.32
Although group theory is a mathematical subject, it is indispensable to many areas of modern theoretical physics, from atomic physics to condensed matter physics, particle physics to string theory. In particular, it is essential for an understanding of the fundamental forces. Yet until now, what has been missing is a modern, accessible, and self-contained textbook on the subject written especially for physicists.
Group Theory in a Nutshell for Physicists fills this gap, providing a user-friendly and classroom-tested text that focuses on those aspects of group theory physicists most need to know. From the basic intuitive notion of a group, A. Zee takes readers all the way up to how theories based on gauge groups could unify three of the four fundamental forces. He also includes a concise review of the linear algebra needed for group theory, making the book ideal for self-study.
- Provides physicists with a modern and accessible introduction to group theory
- Covers applications to various areas of physics, including field theory, particle physics, relativity, and much more
- Topics include finite group and character tables; real, pseudoreal, and complex representations; Weyl, Dirac, and Majorana equations; the expanding universe and group theory; grand unification; and much more
- The essential textbook for students and an invaluable resource for researchers
- Features a brief, self-contained treatment of linear algebra
- An online illustration package is available to professors
- Solutions manual (available only to professors)
Christ, Baptism and the Lord's Supper: Recovering the Sacraments for Evangelical Worship
Leonard J. Vander Zee
Best price for this book: $ 15.66
Take a Picture of Me, James Van Der Zee!
Andrea J. Loney
Best price for this book: $ 13.24
Best price for this book: $ 14.5
Titles of related interest also from Waveland Press: Brodber, Jane and Louisa Will Soon Come Home (ISBN 9781478622840) and Hodge, Crick Crack, Monkey (ISBN 9781478606598).
Faith and Zee: Same, but Different
Best price for this book: $ 14.95
Fearful Symmetry: The Search for Beauty in Modern Physics (Princeton Science Library)
Best price for this book: $ 9.35
The concept of symmetry has widespread manifestations and many diverse applications―from architecture to mathematics to science. Yet, as twentieth-century physics has revealed, symmetry has a special, central role in nature, one that is occasionally and enigmatically violated. Fearful Symmetry brings the incredible discoveries of the juxtaposition of symmetry and asymmetry in contemporary physics within everyone's grasp. A. Zee, a distinguished physicist and skillful expositor, tells the exciting story of how contemporary theoretical physicists are following Einstein in their search for the beauty and simplicity of Nature. Animated by a sense of reverence and whimsy, Fearful Symmetry describes the majestic sweep and accomplishments of twentieth-century physics―one of the greatest chapters in the intellectual history of humankind.
Ruth Vander Zee
Best price for this book: $ 4.37